- Analog Forever Magazine
- Michael Kirchoff
- February 28, 2023
- March 13, 2023 - online
Analog Forever Magazine - Online Group Exhibition - “The Natural World”
Wendi Schneider - Curator
“For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this (20th) century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” ~ Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Many of us in the 21st century turn to nature for nurture, perhaps because we have an innate desire to commune with our surroundings, and at this time in particular, to appreciate what we have and bring awareness to what we are losing. Species are disappearing at 1,000 to 10,000 times the natural rate, with as many as 30 to 50 percent of all possibly heading toward extinction by mid-century.
The veneration of fleeting moments of beauty is now intensified by the quickening pace of loss. To what do you pay tribute and seek to bring attention? Where do you find your sense of place, solace or disruption? What moves, replenishes, or disturbs you? How do you express what resonates with your soul in the natural world, be it the birds, bees, plants, trees, or other creatures? What is the story only you can tell?
1) Only .jpg files will be accepted.
2) Images must be 1500px on the shortest side at 72dpi.
3) No photo-shopped borders or watermarks.
4) Only one image may be submitted.
5) Image must be named in the following format: “FirstNameLastName1.jpg”, etc.
1) The subject line of your email should state: "The Natural World”
2) Please ATTACH your images to the email NOT INSIDE the email. Do not embed them. Do not attach a google drive or dropbox link.
3) Include your information in the format requested (see below).
4) Format Request: “Title” by Your Name | Camera + Film, Process - Your URL
Send your submission to email@example.com by February 28, 2023.
Note: Due to the large number of submissions we receive, you may not receive a response. Though we try our best to respond to everyone, we do not guarantee a response. Thank you for understanding.